In order for you to see the ‘What’s Ahead’ graph in the Quin app, which shows you what’s likely to happen to your blood sugar levels in the next five hours, you need to have a continuous glucose monitor (CGM) that shares data with Apple Health.
If you have a Dexcom, you can see our article on getting connected here.
For all other CGMs, you will need to check that:
- Your CGM is set up/able to share data with Apple Health
- The blood sugar readings taken by your CGM are at a maximum of 5 minutes apart
For example, if you are using a Freestyle Libre on its own, unfortunately this data is not shared with Apple Health and therefore we cannot integrate your blood sugar readings into the Quin app.
If you use Freestyle Libre with a connecting device such as a MiaoMiao, BluCon or Bubble, this will ensure that blood sugar data is shared with Apple Health frequently enough to see the What’s Ahead graph.
Once you know your CGM shares data with Apple Health, then please follow these steps to ensure you are sharing the data with Quin:
- Go to the Apple Health app
- Tap Browse on the bottom bar
- Tap on Vitals (you may need to scroll down to get to it)
- Tap on Blood Glucose
- Tap on Data Sources and Access (you will need to scroll down to get to it)
- Ensure that Quin has read access using the toggle.
The below video covers these steps: